Yesterday, I made myself weed my garden. It's been one of those years that I don't seem to have the time or heart for it so it has been kind of neglected. Not too neglected, though. No matter what, it's always there, drawing me in. There is a peace about spending time in your garden that I can't explain. There is nothing more rewarding than eating your vegetables at the dinner table or canning them for the winter. You enjoy the quiet time the garden gives you and the harvest you can share with others. No matter how much I complain about having a garden, it's worth the "therapy" in the end.
It is utterly forbidden to be half-hearted about gardening. You have got to love your garden whether you like it or not.
~W.C. Sellar & R.J. Yeatman, Garden Rubbish, 1936
Monday, July 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't wait until I can have my own garden. I am no green thumb, well really, I seem to have a black thumb, but there is something about having your own little plot of land. I am just hoping to have a balcony where I can have a little box garden, some day soon! :) -Sara
Oh this is good for me as I just got in from watering my garden and looking at all the weeds that are taking it over. The HOT weather is not helping either. I still can't believe you are coming in August!!!! I am so excited. Looking forward to your letter, Love A
Post a Comment