Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Old Friend, New Dinner

Last night, I had dinner with a very dear friend. This just wasn't any dinner. I promised her that the next time she was in town, I would try sushi with her. Yes, this redneck girl went out for sushi last night. I don't think there is anyone else in my life that I would be brave enough to do that with, but I have always felt safe with her. As one of my oldest friends, there is a certain safe harbor that lies within our friendship. From sharing my deepest fears to trying new things, I have always felt protected and that in turn, makes me brave. I feel blessed to have that kind of relationship in my life. It allows me to press on without fear, knowing that no matter what happens, she'll be there praying,...protecting me. God asks you to surround yourself with these kinds of friends. Friends that push you to grow and trust in your faith.
"As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend."
Proverbs 27:17
P.S. Loved the sushi!

2 comments:

MLove said...

Well, didya like the sushi?

Sara K. said...

I love that you tried something new. I always feel guilty when the "big city folks" in DC ask if we want sushi...its still not my favorite. I have only tried it with my family...and they are the same accepting types of people who I can trust with such new adventures! :) -S