Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Note from Deanna Favre

I have learned that life is a journey, but the road does not always take you where you think it should. There are twists and turns on the highway of life; there are roadblocks and detours that require tough decisions. But no matter where the road may take you, God will go with you and guide you.

I have learned to cherish three simple words:

Faith...that God has an ultimate and good plan for my life.
Hope...for my children, my marriage, and my future.
Love...for my family and friends, a blessing I will never take for granted.

When all is said and done, only "three things will last forever - faith, hope and love - and the greatest of these is love" (I Corinthians 13:13).

-Deanna Favre

1 comment:

Lili Dot said...

Thank you for keeping the light on... such a beacon of hope. I drove to my old college campus yesterday after work. The Catholic college campus is, located about 2 miles up a long road and nestled on a small mountain that overlooks Los Angeles and the Pacific Ocean. When I arrived, the campus was empty because of the President's Holiday and a slight marine layer mist was just starting to roll in. At the top of a short flight of paved stone steps was a beautiful church ... and serendipitously, the front door was open. I walked inside and not a soul was in there. I kept wondering if the maintenance crew was going to come in but no one ever did. I simply sat in a pew and just prayed for an hour. It was amazing. Granted, I'm not Catholic ... I don't even know what I am. But I knew that I would feel safe. And it gave me the courage to know that as long as love is at the core of our heart, soul, and actions ... only good things can come. Thank you, Jenny, for helping to guide a woman who needed a little help from her friends and God. You were like a little sign post guiding me forward to a good place. - Kris