Thursday, February 28, 2008

Gifts

Yesterday, I spent most of my day at the hospital here in town. I had to get some things done, but was surrounded by amazing people all day so we actually had quite a bit of fun. What struck me is how gifted the people are in my life....particularly the nurses. They have an ability to make everything all right no matter what you're up against and turn it into something easy to deal with. They have a gift. I have talked about gifts before, but just have to return to the topic. We are all given a gift, but do we utilize it on a daily basis? Are you even aware of what your gift is? I suggest that you think long and hard about it, and make good use of it. You just might make someone's day.

"There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all. There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us. A spirtual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other. To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise advice; to another the same Spirit gives a message of special knowledge. The same Spirit gives great faith to another, and to someone else the Spirit gives the gift of healing."

I Corinthians 12:4-9

1 comment:

IdahoGirls said...

You have the gift of writing for sure!!! Thanks for all you share. Thinking of you today, A