Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hunting Season

Single parents have my admiration. While I am blessed with a strong marriage, hunting season can make me feel like I'm the only parent around. My husband does a lot of camping and day trips throughout the month of September so we don't see him much. That's okay, though. I'm fortunate enough to have the ability to stay home and take care of our little girl while he gets up every day to earn the money that keeps the roof over our heads. He looks forward to this one month out of the year to spend a lot of time in the woods. It's his hobby, his passion....something he needs to do to reward himself for all the hard work he does for our family. All of it is a gift from God, and I'm so glad he takes the time to enjoy it.

"I know that nothing is better for them than to rejoice, and to do good in their lives, and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor - it is the gift of God."
Ecclesiastes 3:12,13

No comments: