Thursday, September 20, 2007

One Year Ago....

It has been quite a year, I have to say. Most people recognize a "birthday" on their blog so I guess I will too. My first posting was the picture of my dad, my daughter, my husband, and a friend....with their elk skulls. Yes, my first posting in the blog world screamed "redneck," but it was just the beginning of something so incredible. I have now let the blog evolve into something that keeps me accountable. I have to practice what I preach and that can be very humbling at times. God has placed this powerful tool in my lap, and it has proved to be a constant reminder of His will and my purpose in life.

I pray that Mangy Moose Acres continues to provide some sort of inspiration in your daily walk. However, I also ask when I post pictures of our little family and that makes you smile, that you'll remember us in prayer as we continue to fight a terminal illness in our home.

"Be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will."
Romans 12:2

4 comments:

IdahoGirls said...

Happy Birthday Blog! What a blessing you and your writing are in my life. You know I hope that I read every day - and that I pray for you and your family even more times than that in a day. I love technology as it makes me feel like you and my world are not as far apart as they really are!!! Thinking of you today, A

live love laugh hope said...

Happy 'birthday' Jenny. You blog always blesses and encourages me, and I pray for you guys very often!! Hugs,
Connie

CameronsCastle said...

Here's something...

I started to REALLY pay attention to the scripture you post several months back. This prompted me to (hunt down and then) bring the Bible into our office, where Jeromy stumbled upon me one day

reading it

in front of the computer, which I think he thought was a little odd.

So, there you go. Not only do I get to keep up on what's up at the Mangy Moose, it's quite honestly some of the only time I take to read the Bible and ponder what your selections mean to me.

Perfect!

(and thanks!)

~Ang

Sara K. said...

I, too, and very glad that you are out on the blogosphere! I am blessed by both your inspirational words as well as the words and pictures that keep me up with the comings and goings at Mangy Moose Acres. Happy Bog birthday to you! -S