Tuesday, September 04, 2007

On to First Grade

Well, today is the day. We've done all we can do as we let her go...

God, I ask this morning that you protect her, give her the strength to do what is right, and open her mind to all the knowledge she'll receive. I pray for peace for myself, knowing that she'll thrive in school and that her values we have instilled at home will carry her through difficult situations. Thank you, God, for such an amazing, healthy, intelligent little girl and for the opportunity to be here today. Amen.

"Heredity does not equip a child with proper attitudes; children will learn what they are taught."
Dr. James Dobson

"Teach me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end."
Psalm 119:33

4 comments:

IdahoGirls said...

I second this prayer! And pray for you too as you let her go through those doors. It is not easy for sure! Love, A

MLove said...

Another generation heads off to Northside. I'm sure Elmer will be watching out for her too. Go Grace! Congratulations, Mom and Dad.

CameronsCastle said...

I saw all our Oregon buses going to and fro this morning... noticed the parents hovering outside of our local private school as they waited for the doors to open. And I thought of the Meyer Family up at Northside school this morning.

Here's hoping Grace (and mom and dad) had a great first day of school!
Angela

Sara K. said...

Though I didn't post a comment then...I was thinking of you and Little Miss Grace! -S