As we start another day in our new routine, I can't help but think about how intense the love a mother is for her child. While my daughter is thriving in school, and I know that God is protecting her, I still have a hard time trying not to worry about her and how she's doing. I was at treatment yesterday when she got off the bus. I immediately wanted to know how it went, but she had no interest in talking to me because she wanted to play with her cousin. Luckily, my mother was there and was able to give the scoop on how it went. While I'm emotionally losing it, my daughter thought the bus was wonderful and school provided another great day. It's hard to loosen up the tight grip of love we have on our little ones.
While writing about my worries, all I can think of right now is the movie, The Passion. While most people would say the scene of Christ being beat was horrific (and it was!), the hardest part for me in that movie was watching Mary and trying to understand what it must have been like to watch her son die unselfishly for everyone else. I could not even imagine the heartbreak. However, I also know that it's difficult for my mom and mom-in-law to watch us battle cancer. I would never want to wish this on my worst enemy, much less my daughter, but they witness it daily. It's part of my routine, though. I can handle it due to the strength of love surrounding me. Just like my daughter. Just like Christ. We can manage what we are dealt in life because of a mother's love giving us the confidence we need.
Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.
~Marion C. Garretty
Thursday, September 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It is so hard to let them go I know what you mean. I find myself thinking about them the entire time they are gone - wondering what they are doing? if they are happy? sad? I think I am "losing" it too! =) This was good today. Very good!!
Very good!
And to think of the example that all of you-- you and your amazing moms-- are giving to Grace as she is growing up... she is so very lucky to have such strength, courage and integrity in her life!
(it's no wonder the first day of school was such a breeze...)
~Ang
Post a Comment