We're kind of kicking rocks today. Our beloved Packers were sent home by the Giants last night so they will not be attending the Super Bowl. I kind of married into the "G-Force" with my husband growing up only 2 hours away from Lambeau Field. We have always been instructed to not call his Grandma during a game. I recently read Deanna Favre's book, "Don't Bet Against Me" which I think all women should read. It's not all about fame nor her breast cancer so much, but about relying on your faith in every circumstance. You can't help but be supportive of a little town that owns a football team. They're easy to like and easy to cheer for. So, I guess the only thing left to do this morning is find a quote by the legendary Packers coach, Vince Lombardi. His wise words will get me through the day and through another bout of chemo.
"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."
~Vince Lombardi
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I like that quote!! It was a good game though - I was hoping for a different outcome too, though. Hugs, A
Post a Comment