Thursday, January 10, 2008

More than a Sign

For Christmas, I received a beautiful sign from my parents. It has a primitive type of frame with the words "Amazing Grace" in a beautiful script font with flowers weaving in and out of the letters. It still needs to find a home on one of my walls, so it sits in my room. I was staring at it last night and just thinking about the term, "amazing grace." While I have mentioned before that this has multiple meanings in my life, I was thinking about the act of grace by God. It truly is amazing. No matter how many times I mess up in a day, His love and grace is there to make me whole again. It falls down from heaven like a fresh blanket of snow, making my life "white" again. It's not because of what I did, but because He loves me that much.

"Since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God."
Romans 5:1-2

No comments: