Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year Every Day

I love the beginning of a new year. I like the idea of a "clean slate" and a "fresh start." I suppose that's why so many start diets, make resolutions, and commit to being a better person around this time. You have a new beginning and want to make some changes in your life. However, I got to thinking about this. As Christians, we have this opportunity every day. God's grace has allowed us to wipe the slate clean by asking for forgiveness. He provides an opportunity to make things right with each sunrise. We certainly didn't earn this gift, but He gave it to us anyway.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."
I John 1:9

1 comment:

IdahoGirls said...

So true! Happy New Year to you all! I loved your "to do" list instead of resolutions list. I now know what to be praying for 2008 - that was awesome! Love you, A