Sunday was a very cozy. We had no power all morning and were snowed in, so my daughter taught Sunday School. I think she read a least 6 stories out of her beginner's bible to me. One of them was about the woman that was healed by Jesus just by touching his cloak. (Mark 5:25-34) I've always liked that story, but now it means much more to me.
Our daughter has lived with my illness all her life. It was easier to hide it from her as a baby and growing up. However, now at 7, she is observant and knows what is going on. It's difficult at times to hide the pain and the sickness I feel on a daily basis so she picks up on it. Yesterday, we were walking into the library, and she said, "You know, Mom, what I wish for?"
"What's that, babe?"
"I wish, I wish,...." (You could tell it was something that was kind of scary or embarassing to say because she didn't want to say it out loud. So I bent down to let her whisper it my ear.)
"I wish Jesus would come down and you could touch his clothes and you'd feel all better like the woman in the story I read to you on Sunday."
At that moment, I wanted to bawl. It was the most precious thing anyone could ever say to me and it came from my own daughter. All I could say was, "Me, too." and give her a big hug.
"And He said to her, Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction."
Mark 5:34
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow!!! There are no words...
Know that your family and loved ones are with you every step of the way ...
So beautiful. God has given her the sweetest heart. What a glorious prayer. -S
Post a Comment