Monday, January 14, 2008

Our Future President

A week ago, my daughter and I were coming home from gymnastics. Apparently, some of the campaign stuff has made its way into her mind because she announced from the backseat, "If I were President, I would make everyone believe in God." My first instinct was to say, "Way to go, babe. I think that's great." However, I curbed my enthusiasm by saying, "Well, honey, I think that would be wonderful, but it's also why the Pilgrims left England. They didn't get to choose how they worshipped so they came to America. How about asking everyone instead of telling them to do so?" She understood and of course, thought it was a good idea. At the same time, part of me felt like I was giving in to the PC system and not my faith. It seems like we have to tread so lightly anymore. At the end of the day though, all I can say is that I was proud of my daughter and her beliefs. I pray that her faith continues to hold her up in everything she does.

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."
3 John 1:4

1 comment:

IdahoGirls said...

AMEN!!!!! P.S. She has my vote!!!