Yesterday was one of those good and bad days. The cancer part of it was no fun, but having my husband with me proved to bring me lots of joy in the midst of pain. We handle our situation well, knowing God has some kind of plan for me. It also helps when your husband feels so sorry for you that he makes it his mission to find you a new car. Nope, we didn't buy yesterday, but I would not be surprised if something happened soon. When my husband decides on something, he rarely lets it go. If the big city had been just a bit closer or my chemo a bit longer, I swear he would have showed up in the cancer center parking area with a new Volvo. Ha! Thank goodness it was just out of reach! That doesn't mean his shopping days are over, but at least I avoided bringing a car payment into our lives for another day. Seriously, times can be tough, but you can find the joy daily if you just take a second and let your husband do some shopping."You have to have faith that there is a reason you go through certain things. I can't say I'm glad to go through pain, but in a way one must, in order to gain courage and really feel joy."
Carol Burnett
1 comment:
Here's hoping for that new car:) B
Post a Comment