Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Joy in the Drive-Through

Last week, I was making a bank deposit. Granted, it was taking awhile. The line of cars had developed 3-wide, but I wasn't really in any kind of a hurry so I just sat there listening to my music. Apparently, the guy next to me had be somewhere because I could hear him start to make comments. At first, just some mild grumbling. Then it turned into serious rage and revving his giant tuna boat of a car. The cussing and swearing started and everyone could hear him. I probably should have been worried about a "road rage bank shootout," but I couldn't help but start laughing...out loud! It made me realize how silly we look when we're mad about waiting in line. The man obviously had no joy in his life to be able to get this upset about being held up. Fortunately, when he finally made it to his teller, she was able to keep him calm. She either had a lot of experience in this type of situation or she just had enough joy to pass on to a fellow that needed it. I'd like to think it was the latter.

"Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth; break forth in song, rejoice and sing praises."
Psalm 98:4

2 comments:

IdahoGirls said...

Good one... especially for this at times impatient woman!!! Prayers your way today!! Love, A

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today as it might have been difficult day. Love you! B