
I basically did most of my growing up in a subdivision with lake access. I was considered a city kid for most of my life. A city kid that always wanted a horse and spent weekends with friends that had horses. When I finally made my way to UI, the country kid inside of me started to evolve. My major was wildlife resources so all my classes were usually with the "hicks" and "hayseeds." This apparently started to rub off on me because I distinctly remember a time when my roommates had made fun of me for wanting a child named "Libby Jo." (When it came time to name our daughter, a different name was chosen - only because of the circumstances of her miraculous arrival.) Anyway, I have to say that college and a two amazing summers in cowboy country brought out my real self.
So why I am sharing this with you? Well, yesterday, my husband dropped me off for treatment in my big, beautiful Chevy half-ton. He had bought this for me when my cancer had returned after being in remission for a while. He said it was so I could drive back and forth to treatment in something nice. Well, he picked me up in a brand new GMC Acadia yesterday afternoon. Sadly, my truck days are over, but this country girl will be helping out the environment by not guzzling up so much gas. I was elated, overjoyed, and so thrilled that my husband would do something like this for me just so I had a nice rig to make things easier for going back and forth. Yes, my redneck image has been traded in for a yuppie soccer/gymnastics mom, but I don't care. His thoughtfulness and sincere love means so much to me. Besides, there is nothing that a good, old fashioned NASCAR Kevin Harvick decal on the back of the car and belting Hank Williams Jr. on the stereo can't do to help maintain my race-loving, country girl, small town personality.

3 comments:
Welcome to the yuppie soccer mom club!! =) Great new wheels by the way. Your hubby is a serious GEM!!
Wow! What a sweetie! Looks like a pretty sassy set of wheels to me! -Sara
PS- We did enjoy our Libby Jo jokes for awhile there! :) Hee hee! Luckily there were enough jokes to go around for all of us! :)
Your husband ROCKS! Enjoy the ride and the smaller gas bill:) I will be showing this to my husband... hint! hint! :)
Post a Comment