Thursday, May 03, 2007

A Day of Gratitude

I have to say that yesterday was one of the best chemo days I have ever had. No, nothing new to report on the cancer end, but just the people that I was surrounded by yesterday made it an amazing day. I caught up with my neighbors while we waited in the lobby for our doctor. I have only met her once, but our conversation was like that of old friends. It was truly special and have to say, it made my day. On the other side of things, many of the nurses and office staff had just watched my movie in the last week and had lots of feedback for it. I felt so loved and that the film really has a purpose in the medical field. The center is like my second family and it just made me leave with a sense of immense gratitude. I would never wish cancer on anyone, but it has enriched my life beyond anything I have ever imagined.

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

IdahoGirls said...

You enrich my life!!!