Sometimes I catch myself wondering what our other family members and friends think of our simple life. I have cousins that travel a lot, and I know they laugh about how we never cross the county line. They love us anyway, but I'm sure it provides a good chuckle. We love our quiet way of life. There is a lot to be said for a peaceful country home surrounded by animals. Yes, it's crazy around here at times, but most of the time it's really heaven on earth.
"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you."
I Thessalonians 4:11
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What would our world be like if there wasn't a place for both a country mouse and a city mouse? It is such a blessing that God provides for us in whichever location we feel most at home! -Sara, City Mouse
Amen on the simple life. I was just sitting at the couch looking at my hands with their beat-up finger nails, caked-in dirt lines running along the fingers and hard callouses on the palms. These hands need some work, I thought, but only momentarily figuring they do good work and who cares how rough they look.
I wonder if Paris Hilton ever had hands like these when she "lived the simple life."
Even though I am dwelling in a big city, I definitely think I am a country girl at heart. Nothing gives me more peace than being with family and friends ... surrounded by nature. My favorite memories are at my grandparent's farm in Ohio where my cousins and I would look for Indian spearheads in the corn fields, pick a huge bowl full of red raspberries, pet the kittens in the barn, and eat popsicles on hot summer days. Hopefully, we can all find a little respite wherever we dwell. While I am far away, my spritely spirit is with you and your delightful family. - Krisianna
We think you are fabulous and wish we could see you everyday! I told Brian the other day that I wanted to move back to Sandpoint.... he wasn't quite sure what to say:) There is nothing better than a small town and someday I will get back to that! However, we do want you to cross that county line so we can take Grace to the ocean! We'll keep bugging you :)
Lots of love! Your crazy cousin.
Post a Comment