Monday, November 06, 2006

The "Cars" Party

The party turned out well. We had stadium food for dinner. You know, the unhealthy stuff like hot dogs, pretzels and nachos. I think the old "Martha" would have cried about the way the cake turned out (it was supposed to be a trophy and the top fell off) or the fact that half of the evening was spent in the dark because a fuse blew, but I didn't let it get to me. I think the birthday girl could have cared less. More importantly, Grandma's surgery went well and she was already feeling better after surgery. The pain was gone! I plan on spending the day with her while the little one is at school. Thanks so much for your prayers. You guys are the best!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ka-chow! The party looks great! I can completely see that trophy cake! I am impressed! I told Shawn about the party a couple of days ago and he said, THEME birthday...what? He has such a long way to go!!! :) I told him...Jen does THE best theme parties. And once again...I am impressed.

I am also so glad that Grandma is feeling better. I was quite worried to see that post yesterday. God is Good!

IdahoGirls said...

Looks fantastic! The smile on the soon to be 6 year old is worth a 1000 words telling me the party was a hit! I hope today with Grandma goes well. Thinking of you always!!!

MLove said...

Tell, Miss Grace "Happy late birthday" from the Chico Stik woman. Seems I had triplets and all kinds of stuff keeping my mind off from remembering. Looks like she had a great time.

Were there any flies in the light fixtures at her party? I'll bet it didn't make a bit of difference! :)

Glad to hear Grandma is doing okay.