Saturday, November 11, 2006

We'll Miss You, Sam



When my daughter wakes up this morning, I have the difficult task of telling her that our beloved Sam passed away during the night. Sam had never been the healthiest of dogs. In fact, he was medically misfit from the beginning. However, whatever he was lacking in health, he more than made up for it in love. He was the cuddliest, most loveable dog I have ever known. He was too young to die, but he's in a better place now. I often think about heaven being so much easier than what we go through here on earth. It would elminate a lot of pain and suffering, but I think that's what makes the journey so beautiful. In tough times, you hold each other tighter and draw strength from your loved ones. If we didn't have those challenges, you would take for granted what you were given.

Sam, we'll miss you so much. You were the best dog ever.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
Revelation 21:4

4 comments:

MLove said...

You know my thoughts are with you all.

IdahoGirls said...

My heart aches for you today... We loved your Sam too! He was a great dog. Thinking of you in AZ!!!!!

Meg said...

I'm sorry to hear about Stan. I still miss Abbie (my parents dog)...she died several years ago. It's hard, but I like to think they are all playing together in doggie heaven with lots of chew toys and treats.

Anonymous said...

Jen and Family-

I am so sorry to read this post. I hope that Grace is doing okay with the news. I send a hug your way! Sara