I just read yesterday that former teacher/coach from my high school has passed away from cancer. He was an amazing man, but I never had the pleasure of knowing him well. It kind of makes me sad because I saw him probably a month or so ago down at the cancer center. I wanted to say something to him, to encourage him and his wife, but I hesitated. I never had him for a teacher, but he did know my family. I just sat on my insecurities and watched them leave the building. And now he's gone. Perhaps I could have whispered some kind of encouragement or provided a brief smile, but I hesitated too long.
I notice that my problem must be genetic. My mom struggles with this all the time even with her own daughters. While she wants us to maintain our independence and privacy, she would love to be able to help more in so many areas. Bravo to mom, though. She fought those insecurities yesterday and I came home to flowers and a meal after a long day. It made me think that we just have to make that choice. We either go with the goodness that lives within us or we don't. I don't think I would have offended the former teacher, and I certainly loved having a meal and flowers when I got home. Thank you, mom.
Go with your heart...you may not get another chance.
"For, dear brothers, you have been given freedom: not freedom to do wrong, but freedom to love and serve each other."
Galatians 5:13
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment