Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Wisdom of Friends

I'm surrounded by some wonderful people. And it's their wisdom I want to share today. I haven't had the greatest of weeks, but this is what one of my friends said to me..."Don't get worked up about it or it will work against you." Meaning, don't freak out. There is a purpose for all of this and you're going to be okay. Freaking out will only make things worse. On that same day, a note was passed on to me with a similar meaning. I don't know what my future holds, but worrying (I use that word a lot, huh?) about it will not get me anywhere. This is what my other wise friend had to say....

"In his heart, a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9 "Being the planner you are, I know all the treatments you face were never something you planned for. I just pray that the steps God determines for your life are what you can focus on today. He may only lay out one step at a time, but I know He is using you and your battle to do great things."

May we all focus on one step at a time and not react to the circumstances.

No comments: