Saturday, November 25, 2006

Tomorrow's Hope

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've always been a fan of Emerson. I think Red Pollard (the jockey in Seabiscuit) called him "Old Waldo." Nothing is more true than what "Old Waldo" had to say about the hope of a new day. Tomorrow always brings a fresh start. Another day to make the right choices and be the person God wants us to be. We can't help ourselves by living in the past. There is no good that can come of dwelling on our mistakes. Ask for forgiveness and move on.

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past."

Isaiah 43:18

2 comments:

IdahoGirls said...

I love this! So true. Us moms need to hear this sometimes. The responsibility of motherhood can overwelm me at times just thinking how much I do and say effects these little ones. It is good to be reminded that each day I can start over and they are the most forgiving of my mistakes usually.

Anonymous said...

I need to print this out and post it. I tend to dwell on things are worry and read too much into everything. I know it is a waste of time and not pleasing to God, but I still do it anyway. I can't seem to break my bonds of worrying and fretting over things I have done or said. Thanks, as always, for the wisdom. -Sara