There is quite a bit of snow on the ground this morning. I guess winter is finally here. I was in the store the other day and picked up the candle with the scent "everlasting snow." I didn't realize that snow actually had a scent so I was tempted to sniff it. It was nice, but not very realistic. The brand new snow on the ground always makes everything look so incredibly clean. It's so pretty out with the white stuff everywhere. It got me thinking about my life and how my day can pretty much be compared to the bank of a county road.
See, you start out your day with a perfectly clean road. After a few drivers head down the road, that snow slowly starts to melt. Once it melts, it's starts splattering mud up on the banks of the road. By the afternoon (if it hasn't dumped snow all day), the bank is covered in mud. If your lucky, it will snow again during the night so the snow covers up the mud and becomes clean again. It's like this... I start out my day a sinless woman. However it doesn't take long until I slip a bad word (mending fence at 6 am) sometimes. Or, maybe I do okay throughout the day, but in the afternoon, I have a mean thought. Thank God for sending the blizzards to cover up my transgressions. I'm reminded to constantly thank Him and ask for forgiveness or those banks will stay muddy throughout my life.
"Come now, and let us reason together, says the Lord, though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool."
Isaiah 1:18
Monday, November 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Jen- What a beautiful image of God returning us to our pristine and pure selves. I really appreciated this post today!
And I am a little envious of your snow...oh there is my first splash of mud! Its hard to help because its 50 degrees and raining here.
You're not alone on those muddy road days. Great analogy, and, oh so true.
May your road today remain pure and white.
My road? Muddy, rocky and... is that litter? on the side of my road???
The condition of my road is probably caused by all the wine drinking AND rednecking that goes on down here. You're totally right. ;)
Post a Comment