Everyone has a gift. Some people don't know what it is, but it can be apparent to those that they love. Take my sister, for instance. She is the most amazing nurse. To be a nurse, you have to have the "gift." It's difficult to imagine what they deal with on a regular basis, but they do their job without thinking of themselves or looking for gratitude. My sister takes this beyond the job and applies it to her life. She is the most giving person that I know. On a day where I might feel rough, she shows up at my house armed with comfort food, magazines, and medicine without me asking for any of this. She is just that type of a person. Like I said, we all have something to offer each other. I ask you today to look deep and determine what kind of a "gift" you can offer to a friend. Whether it's just a prayer or a phone call, let's try to think beyond ourselves for just a little bit.
"As each one has recieved a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God."
I Peter 4:10
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment